Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm helping for my beloved cousin's project<3
Thought I might just share it for myself on my own blog for me to read again one day.


For my PP project, I am creating a book about teenagers issues based on my own personal experieces. I would like to have some input and feedback about them based on you and what you think or how you see these things. If it is possible, please write a paragraph regarding:
1.    Self and Identity
2.    School and Career
3.    Family and Relationships
4.    Religion
*one paragraph for each category
Through this, I want to be able to understand the different things that people think and perceive these aspects. In addition, some of these “testimonies” may be included in my book as an example. 
Some Ideas to talk about:
•    Your opinion about the topic
•    Your problems
•    Experiences

P.S. try reading "Chicken soup for the soul: extraordinary teens" might be helpful:)

Self and Identity

   Finding myself is a constant battle, in the world today where people are stereotyped, it's hard to find the courage to break oneself out of the boundaries set by the human race about what we should be doing and what looks good in the eyes of the society. It is not an easy task to let ourselves free to adventure our personalities, characters and emotions in the scrutinizing eyes of society. If we were to let loose and do anything out of the ordinary, immediately branded as odd shall we be. The society is the one that sets what is okay for us to do and what is out of the question. Life is hard, it's a constant battle and struggle to find ourselves in the world.
   In my experience, sometimes I fix myself in a category that most suits me and explore around that area, only to contradict myself the next day. Sometimes I am confident that I have found myself but somewhere deep inside I'm not satisfied with what I have come up with. People say that life is a long journey to find yourself, and I'll take their word for it as I'm not exactly sure what I think is right for me, what I should have in myself and who I should be as to be the best I am, is what makes me happy. I always go against my word such as saying I'm shy, too quiet, compassionate to others, hates sports, and etc... but yet I can jump up in front of your face and blab the night away (even to newly met people), I LOVE the feel of thrill of rollercoasters and adventures beyond what a shy quiet girl like me would usually be, I have an Iron Fist when dealing with people who go against what I want, and I love the feel of doing sports(not that I would admit to it).


School and Career

I'm quite new to my school this year, as I've been in my previous school for about a decade I can't help but keep comparing them against each other. What I see in the overall comparison is that: I absolutely detest the new school! I hate (hate is such a strong word but I don't have anything close to what I want to express) it here! It's like someone is trying to punish me to stay put and test my patience in dealing with the school system. It's not the classmates, friends or teachers in the school that I hate, it is the fact that the school administration are very condescending towards everyone, they pick favourites, over charge on silly things, doesn't have a good communication with parents, students and teachers alike, never announce anything until the very last second even when important(field trip to kalimantan announced midday a day before trip, pay huge sum by 3 hours from announcement) and so many other reasons I can't seem to put my finger on. The fact that the school keeps gaining students and the school is way over populated even when the students enrolled all complain their dislikes of the school every single day, they still keep getting more and more students. They even always hire the wrong teachers who cant seem to keep the job (3 teachers both fired and resigned in 5 months). The problems I have in school are such that from usually being an A to B student, I'm now down to Fs and Ungraded in my report card. Something I'm now really trying to improve, at least to C and Ds. One thing I'm sure of is that I have a wish for my future, a career I'm aiming high for. I'm just in the school I am now so that if I do not get accepted to Singapore for a Nutrition and Wellness course at a Polytechnic there, I would have a back up plan.

Family and Relationships
I love my family, I love my life, I love my friends, I love the people I love. I'm not going to complain here. I'm satisfied, though who wouldn't love to have more if God is willing?


Religion
My religion is christianity. I go to church every Sunday, I do my quiet time everyday, I feel comfortable having God as my Lord and Savior that I can trust and live my life for. But I would like to finish my Bible Study if it is possible. I want to be a disciple but I'm just confused now. I think I may want to try to find my footing first before going into something deep and lose myself completely in my way into life. There are many bad things out there, If I had no God, I don't know where I would be, what would my actions be and what I should live my life for. I don't know how to explain this part for it is all very complicated though all should be simple as we should have a heart of a child and faithfully cling on to God in all good and all bad moments. God is over what words could even try to describe, even for just a small part. He is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment